Sunday, April 27, 2008

Salmon with sesame crust


I used frozen salmon filets for this. For the marinade I used lemon juice, salt, an Indian spice mixture (Everest Kitchen King) I had bought this time when I was in India, grated ginger and garlic. Normally I make my own curry mixture for this with spices like cumin, fennel, turmeric, dry ginger powder (sonth), chilli, fenugreek seeds and many other things I find in my spice cabinet. While cooking (frying) the fish inb the pan, I put sesame seeds on the top and then once the fish had cooked for long enough, turned it upside down and let it cook further till the side with sesame was done.
The vegetables: I cooked carrots, zucchini and some (frozen) spinach with some Indian spices, chopped onion, and grated ginger and garlic. It turned out good.
I had made the potato gratin with garlic and home made bechamel sauce and cheese topping in the oven.

No comments: