Thursday, January 29, 2009

Making a good seafood choice on the iPhone and an award

Things have been busy and I have hardly found time to go blog surfing. Will be visiting all your blogs sooner than later hopefully. This is not going to be a post on food, but rather to mention a few things which I want to finally get done with.

First:
Seafood Watch (Montery Bay Aquarium) has come up with an application for the iPhone or iPhone touch where you can quickly go through the recommendations on seafood and make a good (environment friendly) choice anywhere at a restaurant or while shopping for fish.
You can also get the recommendations if you have a mobile phone with an Internet connection. Online pocket guides are available at mobile.seafoodwatch.org.

Now coming to an award I have got from two wonderful bloggers:

Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
and
Ramya of Ramya's Kitchen Corner


Thanks a ton! It does feel good to get appreciated for one's efforts at blogging. Thanks a lot for having thought of me!

Now it is time that I also pass it on as this award has been sitting unnoticed for a bit too long.
Now here I need to mention that it is not very clear to me what the idea behind this award is. (A Refreshing Blog- see update at bottom)
Wonder if "lemonade" represents something, I don't know of?
Anybody who can help?
But, at the same time, I feel the main purpose of these awards is to tell the other (blogger), yes, I like/love your work, an appreciation. So, this is how I pass it on to my fellow bloggers:


Anudivya of ...and a little bit more...

Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen

Curry leaf of Experiments, Emotions, Experiences with food

Deesha of Vegetable Platter

N&A of Delectably Yours

Soma of eCurry

Sowmya of Creative Saga

Sunshinemom of Tongueticklers

Swapna of Cooking With Swapna

It is a lot of fun to be blogging just because of you all.
Now, before I publish this I must mention that I'm a bad case of dementia! :D
So, I would like to pass on the "lemonade" to all those who pass by and leave a comment and make my day! Thanks a lot!

Update: Anudiya clarified that the lemonade equals "refreshing". And yes, that makes sense. WOW! That sounds even more wonderful! So, once again Thanks a lot!

19 comments:

Soma said...

PG thanks yaar! I am yet to write a post about all the awards that have accumulating on my shelves:-)

also have been wanting to tell u.. why don't u send the chutney pic - the first one for CLICK! it looks gorgeous.

anudivya said...

PG, thanks so much for the award... I guess the meaning behind it says something like "Refreshing blog". It has been rightly awarded to you, and thanks for sharing it with me too! :)

~nm said...

Wow! Congratulations!! :D

And hey..the lemonade was yummy! :D

Aparna said...

Congratulations and thanks for remembering me to pass it on to. Appreciate the gesture.

sowmya said...

thanks a ton for the cute award..and congratulation to you too..

Priya said...

Congrats on ur awards, loved reading how to make good seafood choice on iphone..very informative for ppls like me who doesnt know much about the seafoods..

Curry Leaf said...

Thanks a lot for the refreshing lemonade award.Thanks for the info on iphone.Its a pleasure to read your blog(what with so many info) and so the award is well deserved.
Thanks for the thought of sharing with me,its well cherished and much appreciated

Sunshinemom said...

Congrats, dear PG! A well deserved award, and I am glad to be on the receiving end too:)

Ivy said...

Congrats for the Award. I think that when I received this award there was a saying which went along with it: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" meaning make the best of what you're given.

DEESHA said...

PG thanks soo much for thinking of me & passing the award to me

Priya said...

PG, regarding ur q'n for shallots, yea i used 20 shallots (small shallots) they makes the gravy much tastier than usual onions..For ur qn's regarding origin of curryleaves masala fish fry, its my mom's recipe, Am from Pondicherry, Tamilnadu..COme on PG u can ask me any questions, am happy to reply u:)

PG said...

Thank you all for your replies! It is a pleasure to know you all.

Soma, I somehow didn't find the shot to be good enough for click. Next time maybe. :)

Anudivya, thanks for the explaination!

Ivy, thanks for the explaination! Another very positive thought. :)

Priya, thank you so much! I will use shallots then. :)

aparna said...

Congrajulations on your award.

aparna said...

Congrajulations on your award.

Navita said...

First time here n love ur treasure trove of recipes. :)


u hve a neat blog...with great recipes.

Cynthia said...

Congrats on your awards!

A_and_N said...

Thank you! Will do this in the next post :)

n33ma said...

Congrats on you well deserved award!

Usha said...

Congrats on your well deserved award !