This is an easy and quick recipe which I made today after coming back from a local 3 day festival, where we had gone to after breakfast. Since it was already half past one in the afternoon, I had to think up of something quick. I had to come back home as my son wasn't feeling so well , partly because it was too hot. So, nobody was in a mood to eat the snacks which were being offered there- crepe, grilled stuff and hotdogs (I don't eat them in any case) ans things like that. And this is what I made at home and was appreciated by both of my "boys"- my hubby and my son.
For 3-4 persons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
300 g whole wheat spaghetti
300 g frozen spinach
100 g cooked shrimps
1/2 each of yellow and red bellpeppers, diced
1/3 tin of chopped tomatoes or 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
1 tsp thyme leaves, fresh
1 large piece (4-5 cm) parmesan (4-5 tbsp)
1 tbsp saurcream (schmand)
1 1/2 tsp, heaped, vegetable stock (powder)
2-3 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
1-2 tbsp finely chopped parsely
- Cook spaghetti for 8-10 minutes in boiling water with some salt till done (al dente).
- Thaw the spinach in the microwave with 2 tbsp of water in a bowl (6 -7 min.)
- or heat in a pot with little water on the cooktop.
- Dice the bellpeppers and tomatoes
- Sauté the shrimps quickly on high heat in 1 tbsp of olive oil with a pinch of salt and take them out befre they get too dry. If using fresh (uncooked) shrimps, then cook for longer till they get their pinkish red colour and curl up.
- Saute the bellpepers in 1 tbsp oilve oil on high heat
- add spinach, stir and reduce heat to medium
- add chopped tomatoes, thyme and the vegetable stock and stir.
- Cook further for two minutes and add the cooked spaghetti, stir.
- Add 1 tbsp saurcream and 1 tbsp of oilveoil and mix.
- Grate parmesan over it and mix.
- Garnish with a tablespoon grated parmesan and the parsely and serve